Before booking a brow appointment, please read through this page and ensure that you are a good candidate for our semi-permanent brow procedure.
Eyebrow Care – Before and After
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not go tanning, and especially, do not get sunburn on your face.
- Do not take aspirin, niacin, vitamin E, or Ibuprofen within 24 hours before the procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine on the day of the procedure.
- Do not wax or tint for three (3) days prior to the procedure.
- Also, please note that you will be more sensitive to pain during your menstrual cycle.
- Do not use cleansers, creams, or makeup on the treated area for ten (10) days after the treatment.
- After day two (2), use a small amount of aftercare oil twice daily. This will be provided to you at your brow appointment.
- Do not rub, pick at, or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring!
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for three (3) to four (4) weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid heavy sweating for the first ten (10) days after the procedure.
- Do not get any facials, Botox, chemical treatments, or microdermabrasion for four (4) weeks post-treatment.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first ten (10) days after treatment.
Semi-Permanent makeup is NOT recommended for any clients who are or have any of the following:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Undergoing chemotherapy (consult your doctor first)
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- A pacemaker, or major heart problems
- Had an organ transplant
- Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Generally not feeling well (cold, flu, etc.)
- Had Botox in the past two months
- Used Accutane in the past year
What is microblading / 3D Brows?
Eyebrow microblading is done by manually depositing a small amount of ink in the outer layer of the skin creating beautiful and realistic brows. The tool used in manual microblading is 3 times thinner than the one used in machines, which allows us to create fine hair strokes.
What makes eyebrow microblading different from traditional tattoos?
Using a manual tool that is the size of a pen, Flawless creates natural, realistic hair strokes on your eyebrows. Using this beautiful technique, we can darken, thicken, or completely reshape your brows to compliment your eyes and face shape.
How do I know I will get the right shape?
During your initial appointment, our expert eyebrow artist will sit and work with you to create the perfect shape and shade to fit your face and lifestyle. You are in complete control of the final outcome.
I have seen tattooed brows that look blue, red, or gray. Will that happen here?
No. Flawless Wax & Spa uses the highest quality pigments on the market. Our trained professionals understand how to properly mix those pigments to match your original eyebrow color, and if your original eyebrows are still present, blend perfectly into them.
What are my brows going to look like right after my procedure?
Your eyebrows will look much darker the day of the procedure, and for three (3) to seven (7) days afterward. Your brows will go through a healing stage for the next 30 days and may appear to lighten, then heal 20-35% lighter than they were on the day of your appointment.
Is semi-permanent brow application painful?
We use numbing anesthetic creams before and during your procedure to keep you comfortable throughout your entire brow appointment. Most people experience little to no discomfort.
How long does microblading last?
It depends on the individual’s skin, activities, etc. Microblading generally lasts for 1-2 years. Many clients get a touch up once a year to retain the shape and saturation of pigment.