General Waxing Information
All of our Estheticians are schooled and licensed by the Florida State Board of Cosmotology and trained to the highest standards. Our management and supervisors are trained and licenced by The American Red Cross for First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens. We exercise the highest degree of sanitation at Flawless Wax. We never double dip. Our rooms are disinfected routinely and our sheets washed in extremely high temperatures for disinfection. Safety and cleanliness are never overlooked. We use non-latex gloves. We never allow anyone in the rooms with our Estheticians but the client, for the purpose of comfort and communication. We do not offer online booking because personal interaction and relationships are valued here at Flawless Wax & Spa.
To ensure that you will absolutely love your waxing experience with us, we would like you to know a few things about “Before and After Care” prior to your waxing appointment…
- Hair must be ¼ inch in length to wax. This is usually about 2 weeks of growth.
- Shower and exfoliate before you come.
- Absolutely NO TANNING (sun or sun beds) 24 hours before and after waxing!
- Please refrain from waxing if you are currently using Glycolic Acid, Retin A or Roaccutane, as well as if you have any sort of rash, infection, or skin disorder. Let your technician know about any medications you are currently using.
- Ditch the super tight clothing and wear something comfortable! (Skinny jeans rubbing against freshly waxed skin is not a pleasant experience.)
- Avoid soaking in a hot tub/bath and heavy sweating for 24 hours after your waxing…. and yes this means no sexual activity. Keep your waxed areas clean and take care of your skin! This will ensure the ultimate waxing benefits!
- Do not shave or use depilatory cream between waxes. This will distort hair growth and also allow your roots to be just as strong as they were before your first waxing. Keep up on regular waxing every 4-6 weeks which will provide you with thinner, smoother, and slower growing hair.
- Do not pick ingrown hairs! Picking can cause infection, which is something no one wants to deal with. Instead, wait until your appointment and talk to your esthetician. You can also find many products in our boutique to help fight ingrown hairs.